The theme of The Year: "Channelizing Youth Power for Nation Building"
Youth day 2020This year, National Youth Day (Swami Vivekananda's birthday) will be celebrated on 12 January 2020, Sunday.
National Youth Week will be organized this year
This year, on the occasion of Swami Vivekananda Jayanti, National Youth Week programs will be celebrated in various districts from January 12 to January 19. During this, various types of programs will be organized throughout the week, programs like Shramdaan Program, Sports Competition, Business Skills Program, Chetna Divas, etc. will be organized. These programs will be organized on different days of National Youth Week.
History of National Youth DayIt is well known that on 12 January, the birthday of Swami Vivekananda was announced by the Indian government to celebrate National Youth Day every year. This decision was taken by the Indian government to inspire Swami Vivekananda's philosophy and his paragons towards the youth of the country. It was decided to celebrate Swami Vivekananda's birthday as National Youth Day to fulfill the goal of improving the future of the country by encouraging youth through Swami Vivekananda's doctrines and lifestyle.
|The Statue of Swami Vivekananda|
The main goal of celebrating this is to spread the importance of Swami Vivekananda's ideas and ideals among the youth of India. This is a very good way to awaken the eternal energy of the youth along with their great efforts to make India a developed country.
National Youth Day celebrationSwami Vivekananda was born on 12 January in the year 1863, on Pausha Krishna Saptami Tithi. The birthday of Swami Vivekananda is celebrated every year at the centers of Ramakrishna Mission, at the Ramakrishna Math and many of its branch centers as per Indian culture and tradition.
National Youth Day (Youth Day or Swami Vivekananda) by youth in all schools, colleges, through sports, seminars, essay-writing, contests, presentations, yogasanas, conferences, singing, music, lectures, speeches at Swami Vivekananda, parades, etc. Birthday) is celebrated. To motivate the Indian youth, lectures and writings are also done by the students related to the thoughts of Swami Vivekananda.
Activities on National Youth Day (Activities)
To encourage their inner soul, to promote trust, life, art, education among the youth, different types of programs are also presented by people outside the country as well as people who have participated in programs across India.
Swami Vivekananda's thoughts, philosophy, and teaching are great cultural and traditional assets of India. Youth are important parts of the country that moves the country forward, that's why Swami Vivekananda's ideals and ideas make the youth first. Therefore, every year National Youth Day started to inspire and encourage the honorable youth of India. To celebrate the program enthusiastically, the school and college are equipped in an interesting manner.
Why is National Youth Day celebrated?
Swami Vivekananda was a great man who always believed in the youth power to build and lead the historical tradition of the country and believed that some progress was needed by the country to develop.
Youth Day Themes
- The theme of the year 2011 was "First India."
- The 2012 theme was "Celebrating Unity in Diversity."
- The 2013 theme was "Awareness of Youth Power".
- The 2014 theme was "Youth for a drug-free world."
- The theme of 2015 was "Young Manch and Youth for a Clean, Green and Progressive India." (Its slogan was 'Hum se hai nayi Shuruaat').
- The 2016 theme is "Indian Youth for Development, Skills, and Harmony."
- The theme for National Youth Day in the year 2017 was "Youth for Digital India".
- The theme for National Youth Day in the year 2018 was "Sankalp se Siddha".
- The theme for National Youth Day in the year 2019 was "Transforming education”.
- The theme for National Youth Day in the year 2020 is "Channelizing Youth Power for Nation Building".
Quotes on Youth Day
Following are the statements made by Swami Vivekananda on National Youth Day:
- "Choose the highest ideal and live your life till it. Look towards the ocean and not the waves. ”- Swami Vivekananda
- "Some true, honest and energetic men and women can do more than a century of crowds in a year." - Swami Vivekananda
- "Religion is already an expression of divinity in man." - Swami Vivekananda
- "Don't struggle for taxes, fight against it." - Swami Vivekananda
- "Those who see Shiva among the poor, the weak, and the sick, they really worship Shiva." - Swami Vivekananda
- "Every soul is a possible divine." - Swami Vivekananda
- "Do talk to yourself once a day …… otherwise you will miss meeting the best person in the world." - Swami Vivekananda
- "I have faith in the younger generation, my workers will come from the modern generation." - Swami Vivekananda
- "Work, work, work - that should be the purpose of your life." - Swami Vivekananda
- “Earth is enjoyed by heroes - they are truly true. Be a hero and always say "I have no fear." - Swami Vivekananda
- "Feel that you are great and you will become great." - Swami Vivekananda
- "My future hopes depend on the character of youth, intelligence, the sacrifice of all and obedience to serve others - those who do good to themselves and the country at large." - Swami Vivekananda
- "Death is certain, it is better to die for a good deed." - Swami Vivekananda
- "Our country needs heroes, heroes, your duty is to keep working and then everyone will follow you." - Swami Vivekananda
- "Get up, wake up and do not achieve the goal until you stop." - Swami Vivekananda
- "You cannot believe in God unless you believe in yourself." - Swami Vivekananda
- "When a thought comes to mind, it turns into a real physical or mental state." - Swami Vivekananda
- "It is best to work among the youth in which you have hope - patience, orderly and without noise." - Swami Vivekananda
- "A child is the father of a man" "It is appropriate for an old man to say that childhood is a sin or youth is a sin." - Swami Vivekananda