Makar Sankranti 2020: Everything You Need to know
Makar Sankranti 2020: When is Makar Sankranti? How To Celebrate Makar Sankranti? what is Kite Festival? How to use Sesame on Makar Sankranti? The Meaning of Makar Sankranti, Muhurta, And Vidhi
Makar Sankranti Everything You Need to know
Makar Sankranti is one of the main festivals of the Hindu faith. According to Indian astrology, on the day of Makar Sankranti, the Sun enters Capricorn from Sagittarius. The entry of Sun from one zodiac sign to another is called Sankranti. This is the day very significant for bathing in Ganga (Ganga Snana), charity and worshiping Lord Suryadev.
When is Makar Sankranti?
According to astrological calculations, Sun will enter Capricorn on January 14 at 02:07. Therefore Sankranti will be celebrated on 15 January. The Makar Sankranti begins with the fire element and the Kark Sankranti with the water element. At this time, the Sun is Uttarayan. The Chanting and charity will benefit the people many folds.
Just as the festival of Makar Sankranti is celebrated in different styles and names across the country, similar is the diversity in food and refreshment. On this day, sesame is used everywhere in some form or the other. And Sesame is also very beneficial for health.
A huge number of saints and hermits can be seen at Magh fair on Makar Sankranti. People also fulfill the tradition of donating during this event with great reverence.
Makar Sankranti: Kite Festival Festival
Makar Sankranti festival is also known as 'Kite Festival'. On this day people fly kites by standing on the roofs. However, the main reason behind flying kites is sunlight, when we fly kites we are supposed to expose our body to the sunlight. During this winter season, sunlight is beneficial for the body and for the skin and bones.
Shubh Muhurta for Makar Sankranti 2020?
Makar Sankranti will start on Wednesday, January 15 at 7.19 am. According to astrology, it is considered a very auspicious time. All hopeful works begin only after this can reach to the solstice. Time for bathing of Makar Sankranti from 7.19 am to 9:30 pm is the best.
How To Celebrate Makar Sankranti?
- Take a bath early in the morning and Perform offerings (Arghya) to the sun.
- Read a chapter of Srimad Bhagavad or read the Bhagwad Gita.
- Donate New cereals, blankets, and ghee.
- Make fresh khichdi With Fresh Grains.
- Dedicate food to God and take it as Prasad.
- Donate red clothes, copper utensils, and wheat.
- Do not consume food in the evening.
How to use Sesame on Makar Sankranti?
- Offer water to the Sun god by adding sesame seeds.
- Fill mole in steel or iron vessel in front of you
- Donate sesame seeds with utensils to a poor person
- With this, you will get relief from all the pains associated with Planetary defects.
I wish you A very Happy Makar Sankranti.