In South India, Balarama is considered as the 8th incarnation of Lord Vishnu and Krishna as the 9th avatar.
Balarama is counted as an incarnation of Vishnu by the majority of Vaishnava movements. Even Buddhists do not consider Buddha an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. On the full moon(Purnima), the devotess believe in narrating the Saga of Lord “Satyanarayana”. On Thursday and full moon, Lord Vishnu is worshiped, and the day is believed to be fasted.
Buddha Purnima Time
Buddha Purnima on Thursday, May 7, 2020
Full Moon Date Start – 06 May 2020 at 19:44
Full moon date ends – 07 May 2020 at 4:14 pm
How to worship on the day of Buddha Purnima
– Get up before the sun rises and clean the house.
– Take a bath in the Ganges or sprinkle Ganga water by taking a bath with plain water.
– In the temple of the house, worship Lord Vishnu by lighting a lamp and decorate the house with flowers.
– Make a swastika with turmeric, roli or kumkum and sprinkle Ganga water at the main entrance of the house.
– Light a lamp around the Bodhi tree and offer flowers by immersing milk in its roots.
– Donate food and clothes to the poor.
– If you have any birds in your house, set them free today.
– After lighting up, offer water to the rising moon.